- 1 16 oz pkg cubed Hawaiian bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t salt
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 1.5 c half and half
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c butter
- Combine the eggs, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Heat the milk, half and half and butter until the butter is melted.
- Add the milk mixture to the egg mixture.
- Gently stir in the cubed Hawaiian bread.
- Let mixture soak into the bread for 30-45 minutes.
- Grease 8 ramekins.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins and bake at 375 F for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream and Firewhisky sauce.
- 2c cream
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 c Ogden’s Old Firewhisky*
- Pinch salt
- 2 T butter
- Whisk together the cream, milk and sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Whisk the fire whisky and cornstarch together. Add to the cream mixture
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook at a high simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the salt and butter.
*If unavailable, substitute a muggle brand of cinnamon whisky